Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jenniper (Yes that is a P. There is a reason)

On one of our excursions we have taken throughout the Caribbean, we ended up in a rainforest in Martinique with a cab driver that couldn't pronounce his F's. (Which looking back was probably a good thing) He asked us our names and we were on our way. Every time he saw a scenic spot, which was every 30 seconds in Martinique, he would say "Jenniper, look at us now, look at us now." It got to be so funny that we have never forgotten about it.

What do you say about a woman that you have spent almost half of your life with? There are many adjectives that come to mind. Amazing, incredible, loving, caring, kind. She is the epitome of the word companion, wife and mother. I googled the name Jennifer and the first site that popped up was Super Fantastic person. "OK a little exagerrated there." What can you do without the mother of your children, the first person you see when you wake up and the last when you go to sleep. My answer to that is not much. I cannot imagine life without her. Obviously when you are married to someone for 18 years you take the good with the bad. It is very evident that I took the good and she took the bad. I constantly find myself wishing I could do or say things over again or have a do over. I am committed to being the best husband and father I can be and realize that it is because of her that I am a better father and husband. "She completes me" I can only hope that the next 18 will be as good as the first, cause the first have been pretty dog gone good. I love you Jen.


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Duane, I don't think that any wife could ever ask for more pure, sweet, heartfelt, loving words from her husband. I can truly feel your love for her in your words.....That being said....SHE DESERVES every word of it! She truly is such an amazing person and I love her to pieces too. You are both wonderful examples to us and we are so lucky to be your friends!

 

page counters